Wednesday, September 21, 2011


Life and Dreams...
It was fairly easy to choose which poem I would post first.  Although this is not necessarily my best effort, it is the first one that I saved in the process.  It describes how I was feeling a few years ago as I looked back over my life.  I am so thankful for a God that never gives up on me and always offers second chances.  I wonder how many others look at their lives and wonder what might be missing?


Life and Dreams
How does one begin to tell
The tale of a life not lived full well
Of decisions made and choices wrong
And the times you just don’t feel that strong
Where do you look at forty five
When you know you’ve lived past half your life
And the things you thought and the dreams you dreamed
Are nowhere now to be seen
Is it so wrong to want for more
To wonder what else might lie in store
If only you dare to make the choice
To lift your head and raise your voice
Can dreams be revived at any age
If only you’re willing to take center stage
And act on the voice that’s in your head
It’s never too late...unless you’re dead 



Prov. 16:9  "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps."


The one central truth that I hold to in my life is that God is always in control and He never makes a mistake. So often, I believe that we fail to follow our dreams because; we are afraid of failure, or worse, we are afraid of success, or possibly those dreams are stained with sinful desires. God has made us to dream and to desire to achieve. I believe it is right and normal for us to want to become all that God has created us to be. What happens to so many people that go through what is commonly known as “mid-life crisis” or "identity crisis" is that their dreams and expectations clash with God’s purposes and plan for their lives. The happiest people in life are those that have yielded their dreams and expectations to the Lord, and are actively pursuing God's plan. Although I am not always right on, that is where I want to be!


(If this is your first visit to my blog, please check out the Welcome page in the archive section)