Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lost in the Middle...
I know many people that are going through some really tough stuff these days.  Whether it's the economy or some physical struggle or a relationship that is not going well.   It's just part of living in a fallen world.  This poem was written at a time when I felt like I had to look up to see bottom.  Days on end crying out for answers and for God to just make it stop.  But I can honestly tell you that during that time was some of the most intimate times with my God and some of the greatest spiritual growth of my life.  However at the time I just felt....

Lost In the Middle
Lost in the middle
Of the story of my life
Looking back as much as forward
And too often asking why
Searching for the answers
When no answers can be found
A gentle voice says Trust Me
My grace is all around
The times you thought I’d left you
I was closer than you knew
And the pain I have allowed because
I know what’s best for you
The trials and the struggles
They are only for your good
With each test you have responded
Just as I knew you would
It’s never more than you can handle
And there is a grand design
To make you more like Me my child
Because I love you and you’re mine
You see I’m smoothing out rough edges
For My glory I’m molding you
With a bigger picture in My mind
Someday you’ll see it too
But for now there’s peace in knowing
I’ll always give you what you need
And my grace is all sufficient
Have no fear and rest in Me

1Co 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
2Co 12:9
 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

It has been said that “the trials of life will either make you bitter or make you better”.  The difference is where you put your focus during those times.  God doesn’t test us so that He can see what we are made of, but rather so that we can see what we are made of. 
“You know what you get when you squeeze an orange?.....
you get what’s on the inside!"  It’s just the same with people, when we get squeezed, what comes out is what was on the inside already”


(If this is your first visit to my blog, please check out the Welcome page in the archive section)